Sunday, August 17, 2014

New to KC

I am now an official resident of Kansas City, Kansas. I have unpacked and put away all my things and am working on getting settled in and used to my surroundings. Today I attended a church called Redeemer Fellowship. (http://redeemerkansascity.org) I enjoyed the service, and am looking forward to attending with friends! I also have had the chance to look for a good grocery store and experience some of what KC has to offer.

Among the settling, I have had good time to use as time alone with God (TAWG). In this time, I just finished the Book The Insider: Bringing the Kingdom of God into Your Everyday World, by Jim Petersen and Mike Shamy. It was such a good book, and am excited to get plugged into my new community here in light of being an insider. I am also anticipating a time when I can start reading my next book, Every Good Endeavor, by Timothy Keller.

My program orientation is on the 20th, and classes begin the 25th. I am so excited to begin this new chapter of my life in a new location. I know God has a purpose for me here and now, and I don't want to miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment