Friday, May 23, 2014

Support Letter

Dear Friends and Family,

I am so excited to be able to share with you a wonderful opportunity! But before I share this with you, I want to say thank you! So many of you supported me last summer in going to Jacksonville, FL for a summer training program with the Navigators. My current opportunity has partially stemmed out of that. The summer training program in Jacksonville provided the groundwork by preparing me to work alongside a team of likeminded individuals to accomplish a common goal, and by giving me practical tools for sharing my faith with others. God has been growing in me a desire to serve Him among the lost, not only on the University of Kansas campus, but now internationally also. God has been placing points of international involvement in my life that are breaking my heart for that which I know breaks His across national borders.

This summer I will be going to Shizuoka, Japan with a team of Navigators from KU, University of Nebraska Kearney, and University of Nebraska Lincoln. We will be going to Shizuoka to live alongside the Japanese students at the University and work in the Bible, English, Sports, Travel (B.E.S.T.) club on their campus from May 26 to July 18. By living with these students, we will have the opportunity to build the relationships necessary to share with them about a Jesus of Whom they have never even heard! We are praying for the chance to read the Bible with these Japanese students for what is often the very first time.

I am so excited to have this opportunity. However, I know that I cannot go alone. I would love for you to join with me as a part of our team with much needed prayer in this endeavor. Please feel free to contact me in response to prayer requests that are posted. Thank you so much for considering this opportunity to join me personally and our team in going to Japan. It is such a blessing to be able to be apart of advancing the kingdom of Jesus around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment